Thursday, March 11, 2010

Day 5


Making my usual drive to work today: I take I-45N, exit 1488, and head down the road a handful of miles until work appears. However, they are doing heavy construction on 1488 to widen the roadway. I got stuck behind this truck for 2 miles (felt like 50 miles), as we proceeded to drive 10mph down the road. I know it wasn't this truck's fault, it was actually a construction truck headed from one end of the construction to the opposite end. It was so frustrating, it added 15 minutes to my usually short drive. GRRR!!!! I took these pictures w/my LG ENV3.


Yeah, this is the fastest I went for those 2 long miles of road. But then I thought to myself: we get so frustrated in life situations when other people are not going the same "speed" as we are. How often do we become the 'slow-pokes' that slow everyone else down? And when we know we are slowing others down, how often do we seek (or expect) acceptance and patience from those around us? But more importantly, how often do we slow others down, and they are too nice to say anything? I know which group I wanna consider myself in! So I kept my hand off the horn.

~H-Mac~

No comments:

Post a Comment