Thursday, April 1, 2010

Day 26


April Fools!
I hate this day of the year. I think it's dumb, stupid, and a complete waste of time and energy. I actually took this picture last year, when Andrew & I were living with my parents. They put this sign over the door, prepared for my arrival home from a job I really hated. Here is the cliffnotes version:
I didn't like where I worked: I roll up to work to discover a HUGE sign that read: "Going Out of Business" hung next to the door (didn't have my camera with me). A smile spread across my face. I walk in, and it feels all wrong: everyone is calm and going about their day normally. No gossip, panic, screaming; nothing. My co-worker asks me if I have my resume ready and up-to-date (duh!) to which I chirped a pleasant "yes". He keeps bothering me about what the date is...I didn't get it. I kept telling him and he kept asking me as if I was going to change my mind. Then it clicked for me. April fools day. What a bunch of jerks. Get my hopes up like that.
Andrew thought it was funny that I was so disappointed about the sign, so he made his own for me. How sweet. Don't you hate it when someone gets your hopes up for something only to let you down?

~H-Mac~

No comments:

Post a Comment